Reader Question For You!



I received an email question from a Naturally Beautiful Hair blog reader, by the name of Sheena. She would like to ask you all some advice. Here is her email:
"I have been natural now for 4 Years, and about a year ago I decided to lock up my hair. I have been doing research, reading blogs, watching videos, learning, learning and learning, and I am sooooooooo ELATED that I have found your site, glorifying something that means so much to me that a lot of African American women and society turn their noses down to. I love my natural hair and I LOVE your site for giving me a place that gives me soooo much information and connects me with other natural women that may have experienced or are experiencing some of the trials that I have went through and currently going through. I don’t want to make this too lengthy because I know I could gush on and on about how happy I am to have found your site."

Sheena's Questions:

"My reason for reaching out to you, is to see if other natural woman have any tips on taking care of their children’s natural hair. My daughter’s hair coils are not as tight as mine’s, her hair is extremely soft. I find her hair ripping out anytime I take her little ponytails out. Her hair is soft and wavy but it becomes very dry as well and I’m not sure what I can put in it to prevent breakage, and keep it moisturized. I would like to stick to all natural products. I currently re-twist and style my locs w/pure Shea butter and a natural oil, but it is not effective in my daughter’s hair. What else should I try? What other ways should I style her hair to prevent ripping?Attached are a few pics of myself and my daughter!!!Thank you soooo much for your time."



To give Sheena your advice, email her directly at