And the winner is...

How do you pronounce it again? Neekon, Naikon... maybe some odd combination of the two? (Nee-aikon confused?)... Well, regardless... From here on out, Nikon and I are tied to the hip so to speak. Considering I've finally decided to take the (quote, unquote) 'plunge'... Sorry Canon sad...
Nikon D300s
My initial goal was the D90, but I figured maybe opting for saving up a little might go a long ways towards my ultimate goal cool. So... now I've got a D300s (with the 's' basically denoting a successor model to the D300, but not enough so to come out with a completely brand new model)... So far I'm loving it though. I haven't had a chance to really play with the video features as of yet, but I've been practicing taking a couple shots when I've had the free time (aka kinda also eating up the time I normally otherwise might be using for blogging confused). But it's definitely a lot of fun mrgreen...
I paid about $1300 and change, so not exactly breaking the bank as I thought it might've been. I think it's a worthwhile investment however... And hopefully I'll be posting up a couple shots in the near future mrgreen...