Courtney's Absolutely Favourite Things







I'm so thrilled to present our second 'Absolutely Favourite Things' piece from a person I admire very much; Courtney Barnes from Stylecourt.

Courtney's blog is a plethora of inspiration and her knowledge of Design History, Decorative Arts and Art History never ceases to amaze me. I am certainly very inspired by this amazing woman along with many, many other people from around the world and yet despite her popularity and her achievements she remains very humble. Courtney has been mentioned in Elle Decor, Domino, Country Living, Time, The Washington Post, Real Living, 1st Dibs, Apartment Therapy, Design Sponge and many other blogs including mine many times!! I must say she is one of the most gracious women I have come across since I started blogging and I am very grateful to her for always encouraging me and supporting me. Well, without further adieu, let's see and hear about some of Courtney's favourite things...


"This picture is an homage to one of my favorite decorators, Suzanne Rheinstein, and it is filled with a few pieces I love: the vintage highball glasses came from High Street Market and have a chic silver Greek key rim. (They look equally great filled with pink punch for a little girl's birthday lunch, holding adult cocktails, or serving as vases.) When I think of Suzanne, apple-green and English Regency come to mind so here I have crisp hydrangea and an English tray that belonged to my grandparents. Reflected in the tray is the painted sign that used to hang outside my uncle's art gallery. (The mix of black with green reminds me of Suzanne too.) And lastly, some of my favorite fabrics are peeking through, with the linen on the bench being very much like a print Suzanne used years ago for a showhouse."


Thank you so much Courtney for sharing some of your favourite things with us! Your vintage highball glasses are divine but I must say your ottoman is one of my all time favourite pieces!!
'Absolutely Favourite Things' will appear here every Thursday so stay tuned!!