The Sound of Music

I'm sure by now everyone must be well aware of the disaster that occurred down in Haiti... and by disaster I of course mean an absolute catastrophe in terms of the scope and ramifications of damage. Granted the sad images have been flooding our screens for the better part of a week now (some of which I can't even stomach to look at sad). It's a sad situation true, but this past Friday here in the States there was a glimmer of hope for that horrific tragedy currently unfolding over in the Caribbean...
...A glimmer of hope that came in the form of music... and celebrities, and regular people alike coming together for what might go down as an unfortunate, yet ultimately memorable tribute to Haiti. The music itself I should add was quite beautiful (if not downright haunting neutral)...
These two clips were actually my favorites from last night (we can only hope that youtube is generous enough to keep them up smile). The first one above features an unlikely collaboration of rapper Jay-Z teaming up with singers Bono and Rihanna... And of course the one below features the one and only Beyoncé singing a rendition of her hit single Halo.
I don't know, I'm not really a fan of some of these artists, but I absolutely loved the passion they put in their performances last night. Anyhow, you can purchase a studio version of these renditions off the Itunes.com/Haiti website. The proceeds go towards the recovery effort in Haiti, so considering the cause I think it's all the more worth it cool.