Mid-ranged DSLR Dilemma

Canon, Nikon...Canon, Nikon... Canon, Nikon... What to do, what to do confused? I've finally reached the point where I've saved enough cash to splurge a little on one of my favorite hobbies. Not exactly enough to break the bank and purchase my dream per se... but I suppose it's adequate to get something decent around the entry level to mid-range DSLRs... And therein lies the dilemma...
I'm not looking to spend 'too much' on this latest purchase (considering I'm not exactly planning on using it in any professional capacity...yet cool)... But at the same time I'd like something capable of achieving the best possible at my price-range... Hence I've settled on three cameras for the time being: The Nikon D90 (seen up left), the Canon 550d (center), and somewhat higher range Nikon D300 (seen right)...
Mind you I'm currently heavily leaning towards the new Canon 550d released earlier this year... But I'm likewise impressed with some of the Nikon products in the same range...

Ultimately the issue here is money... (otherwise this last camera above would absolutely be my priority choice mrgreen)... But I figure it was worth throwing these options out there smile... I'd love to hopefully get somewhat of an idea as to what brand some of you part-time/pros out there might prefer as an all-around decent mid-ranged camera. Any input of sage experience on this matter would be greatly appreciated cool...