Aquatic sports (apparently) define sexy...

Not that I necessarily agree 100% with this post's title, but I suppose there's a case to be made...
graceful divers
So let's see... Were aquatic sports indeed to define sexy (as apparently a majority of voters in this latest poll seem to conclude), what factors would contribute to such a conclusion?...

Hm... off the top of my head I'm thinking grace, form, beauty in motion, and an inherent default 'sexiness' somewhat bear out as reasonable contributing factors to the apparent appeal of aquatic athletes. After all, we are talking about half-naked guys (or perhaps more accurately 3/4ths naked in this case)... constantly jumping in and out of water...

...and coming out looking equally gorgeous (sometimes even glistening).

Again, I should note, not exactly my primary preference here... but I am neither stubborn nor blind. Gorgeous is gorgeous, and I must say were any of these guys frequenting my local pool I think my jaw would just about hit the floor...

Just Beautiful

So again, are aquatic athletes in fact 'the hottest' athletes on the face of the earth?... I'll say arguably yes, and arguably no (considering an equally strong case might've been made for gymnasts and rugby players). That said, to deny the inherent beauty these guys regularly show off in competition would be an injustice.
So I'll just settle with reaching a conclusion that were there in fact a textbook definition 'hot athlete' in a dictionary... more likely than not, participants in aquatic sports would have to be at or near the top in terms of most accurate illustration.