Featured Reader - Valaira Sa-Ra Smith


This weeks featured reader is multi-talented Valaira Sa-Ra Smith. Valaira was born in Bronx, New York City of West Indian decent and currently reside in Atlanta. Georgia. She is a model, actress, entrepreneur, trained dancer, songwriter and a vocalist.


ABOUT GOING NATURAL

““I have been natural for 2 years now. My husband and my soul-mate-sister were my inspiration for going natural. I have always had thick wavy hair. I was getting relaxers every six months, to relax the waves. My husband and soul-mate-sister would tell me that I did not need a relaxer, so I decided to make the transition in 2007. I did not do the Big Chop, but transitioned by doing braid outs, twist outs and pony puffs. I have also become a product junkie trying to figure out which products works best with my hair type. Right now, I am loving Carol’s Daughter’s Hair Milk for moisture and Lisa’s Hair Elixir for a healthy scalp. I also like Miss Jessies products, but they are a little on the pricey side.

Today I am finally at one with my natural hair and am planning a natural hair meet-up in Atlanta with a sister who was also my inspiration on youtube. I utilized sites such as Naturally Beautiful Hair, Urban Curlz, Mane and Chic and many more for styles, inspiration, tips, and Advice. Today I am still utilizing these sites because I love learning something new everyday and am having fun getting to know my hair!"